Who Are We?
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi, I'm Twyla Lapointe. At first I just wanted to get a few people together to go biking from Reddit, but apparently it really resonated with people and ended up being featured by various news outlets, starting with CBC Edmonton   !
Since we've moved into a slightly bigger-than-Reddit community, I looked for a simple place to be able to send group members updates about dates we've chosen.
When we're trying to choose dates, I use a Doodle calendar - a special tool for choosing dates that everyone can use pretty easily.
- Be respectful to others (especially including no fitness shaming!)
- Yes, you can invite friends!
- Dogs welcome ONLY on bike leashes (so they can't trip anyone up).
- No more than 2 bikes beside each other unless someone's passing, but single file is best in most areas.
- I am only here to get people into the same place, you are taking responsibility for your own safety and security.
Recommendations: Helmets recommended but not required or illegal not to use - it's your head. Familiarize yourself with biking laws (i.e. that bells are required, no bikes on non-shared sidewalk etc).
- I have been finding good shared use or bike paths by the river, without too much elevation.
- Locations will be chosen after we pick the date
- Suitable for any kind of bike including 1-3 speed cruisers, and the pace isn't super fast!
Need more information? Just drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org